For the past few months, I’ve been participating in BlogHer’s Family Connections citizen journalism project as a Momspotter. Basically that means I tweet a few times a day with the #momspotting hashtag about how I use technology in my day-to-day parenting life.
I haven’t done a meme for a while and this seemed to be a good time…while I ramble about tech, cooking and mothering.
The Fun Part-The Meme for People Who Eat (and may sometimes cook)
Play along and leave a link in the comments or tweet it with the #momspotting hashtag.
1. Which expensive electronic device do you or your children most admire? Right now, our new HP Touchsmart Web Enabled Printer…maybe. I have always coveted one of those computerized espresso machines that are super expensive at Starbucks. (Though really…the Tassimo…my teens and young adults love, covet and pet it whenever they are home)
2. Do you ever use your computer in the kitchen? Yes.
3. What ratio of new recipes cooked in your home come from the Internet vs from a cookbook you own? Maybe 1/4 of the new recipes come from the Internet right now.
4. Does your family regard a recipe as something printed from the computer, on a handwritten card or something on the kitchen netbook? Kids seem to prefer printed from the computer or the computer in the kitchen. Cookbooks are for reading and the annual Christmas Cookie picking tradition in their eyes. (Despite the fact that we have more cookbooks than many libraries)
5. Do you have a television or other electronic entertainment in the kitchen? No – all kitchen entertainment is performed by me, the dogs and the children-sometimes provided by @dtanton
6. What is the eating in front of the computer rule in your house? We have no rule preventing it. I seem to be the only one who has caused keyboard issues this way. Kids however must eat main meals at the table. Adults tend to work through lunch and sometimes dinner on the computer.
7. How many places can you order dinner online from in your area? I know two.
8. What is the BEST recipe you have ever made from the Internet? The Mushroom Napoleons that won me the love of a woman or at least made her interested enough to wash dishes for me for the past 9 years.
9. What’s the least used kitchen gadget in your home? French Press, but people keep giving them to us
10. What is the oddest recipe your family has tried after seeing it on the Internet? Pancake Muffins or Bacon Cinnamon Rolls. Both were delightful but both were…different.
So, now you know a bit more about me, about my wee little gig getting paid to talk about the things I talk about on Twitter and BlogHer all the time. And…you have the chance to play along too and tell me about yourself and kitchen electronics.